20100308

+ Art of the Barrel

Team DarWin

Last week Darren and I attended the Art of the Barrel launch event at the Drabinsky Gallery where schmoozing and ideas-talking took place. Kudos to the organizers for an amazing cheese/fancy fruits/nuts/crackers table. I wish I took a photograph of the arrangement; it looked like a cornucopia fell from heaven exploded. I don't know what I find more satisfying, art talk or gorging myself on an unlimited supply of night cheese. If you are interested in our proposal and sketches of plans for the project, please check out the Art of the Barrel website for more info on that and other participating artists.

Here are in-progress studio shots of our materials. Our main focus now is cold forming the steel rings for our acorn-urn before the welding happens. It's going to be a challenge!


2 comments:

n said...

that better be vodka in your wine glass.

winnie truong said...

Perrier (lime flavoured), not even a real lime. I'm too wholesome for full flavoured beverages.